I created this dish while trying to lose weight on the low carb diet. I wanted something that comforted me like junk food did but also kept me on track. This satisfied any craving I had and now has become a common favourite in our household.
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 8 rashers of streaky bacon
- 250g softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180ºc. Mix the cream cheese, cheddar and mozzarella together and then season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Butterfly your chicken breast and then pound it out so that its even. Season with salt and pepper. Place a couple tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture into the centre of the chicken and roll it up. Wrap the bacon around the chicken and then use toothpicks to hold it together.
- Preheat a fry pan on a medium high heat and then place the chicken, seam side down, into the pan. This helps close the opening to reduce the amount of filling that may escape. Sear the chicken for about 2 minutes on each side or until the bacon is slightly crispy. Place the chicken into the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes then let it rest for 10 minutes. Serve with any veg of your choice.