This recipe was created by my mother when I was very young and has ever since been a go to side when we have left over egg mixture and bread crumbs when making schnitzels. Why waste those perfectly good seasoned bread crumbs? I personally like mine still a little bit gooey in the middle.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- Cheese and herbs of your choice
- Whisk eggs then add just enough bread crumbs to create a loose batter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add half a hand full of cheese and a tablespoon of herbs and mix well.
- Heat a pan over a medium high heat and add a knob of butter. Pour in about 2 tablespoons of batter and cook for about 2 minutes each side, or until golden brown on each side.
- Delicious served with any kind of sauce!