My mother has been making this French Onion Oyster Blade recipe for as long as I can remember and it’s so simple to make! You just need a couple of ingredients and you have your meat and sauce all in one! I might also add that this is a budget-friendly recipe too so you can feed your family of 4 for less than $20 (AUS)
Oyster blade steak is typically known for being difficult to cook without it going tough and chewy. Low and slow is usually the way to go but this recipe halves that time by steaming the steak in its own natural juices that mix with the onion soup to create a delicious jus.
- 4-6 Oyster blade steaks
- 1 packet of dry french onion soup mix
- 2-3 tsp water
And that’s it!
- Preheat the oven to 170ºc.
- In a small bowl mix your french onion soup mix with enough water to create a loose paste, say about the consistency of a thick gravy.
- Place each oyster blade steak onto a square of foil (you will be wrapping them individually) and then spread about 1-2 tsp of the french onion paste onto the steak.
- Wrap them up and place onto a baking tray.
- Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes. Let them rest for about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with some steamed greens and maybe ever our crispy smashed potatoes.