Hawaiian Chicken Recipe Serves: 2
Hey, Mark here, tonight’s recipe is a quickie. My father-in-law introduced me to this Hawaiian Chicken recipe that he found. Since then I’ve made a couple of changes that I think make it even better. It even goes great with our coconut rice! With all that out the way, let’s get started!
- 1-2 large chicken breasts, diced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup of corn flour + 1tbp for thickening
- 1/2 cup of canola oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Soy sauce
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 large Jalapeno, finely diced (leave seeds in, if you dare)
- 1 tin Pineapple chunks
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C
- In separate bowls, place cornstarch and slightly beaten eggs. Dip chicken into cornstarch first then coat in the egg mixture.
- Heat canola oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned. Place the chicken in a greased baking dish.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, crushed garlic, and cornstarch. Add the Jalapeno and pineapple chunks. Pour over chicken and bake for 1 hour.
- Serve with steamed rice.