Makes enough Creamy Coconut Rice for 4 people
I still remember the first time I ever tried coconut rice, it was on a long flight on the way back from a trip to the UK. I thought to myself “OMG I have to learn to make this”. Over time I’ve adjusted the measurements and I believe I’ve come up with the best creamy coconut rice to accompany any curry, like Thai Red Curry or even our Quick Chicken Curry or Chicken Rendang.
- 2 cups of basmati rice, rinsed well
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1 400g tin coconut cream
- 3 cm piece of ginger sliced
- 1 stick lemongrass, bashed and cut into pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- Place the rinsed rice into a rice cooker along with the water, coconut cream, lemongrass, ginger and salt and turn your rice cooker on and start cooking.
- Stir every 5-10 minutes till done. Discard the ginger. Serve with curry or it would make a great accompaniment to any dish with spice!