I love beef burgers, but some days you just can’t be bothered to leave the house and go out to your fave burger joint. Luckily, you can easily enjoy a great, juicy beef burger right at home, and you know exactly what is going into them!
These beef burgers are juicy, tender and can be cooked to your liking! For example; I like my burgers to be thicker and cooked medium but Mark prefers them cooked through. As long as you follow this recipe, it doesn’t matter how you like them, they will be juicy and delicious.
If you like this recipe, please check out all my other recipes while you’re here!
- 500g good quality premium mince, divided into 4 portions
- Cheese slices of your choice (if you choose to use cheese)
- salt and pepper
- 4 brioche buns or buns of your choice
- Any toppings you desire
1. Form the mince into balls and flatten them out to about the size of your bun and make a thumb indentation in the centre (this is for more even cooking). Season them generously with salt and pepper just like you would a steak.
2. Preheat a heavy based skillet over a medium-high heat (no oil required), and when it is hot, add the patties. They only need about 2 minutes on each side for medium done burgers, or a bit longer if you like em well done.
3. When you’re about halfway through cooking the patties on the other side add your slices of cheese and place a lid over the top. This creates steam which helps melt the cheese and also finishes cooking the patty.
4. Once the burger patties are almost cooked, toast your buns. Once toasted, assemble the burger any way you like with your favourite toppings. Serve immediately and you’ve got yourself a delicious, juicy homemade burger that’s better than any takeaway.