These little gems of goodness are crispy smashed potatoes and they pair well with any dinner! Or even at any time as a snack! They go great with our Chicken Parmigiana as a side dish too! 😉
To fry these crispy smashed potatoes, follow the recipe below, alternatively you can place a small amount of oil in a baking dish, place it in a 200ºc oven and once oil is hot you can add your potatoes into that, squish them and put in whatever herbs you like, bake for 15 minutes then flip and bake for a further 15-20 minutes and you should achieve the same results 😊
- 4-5 potatoes, unpeeled and halved
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring the water to a boil and then simmer until potatoes are knife tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
- In a large heavy based pan, add the oil and heat over a medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the potatoes one at a time and use a masher to squish the potato slightly, it doesn’t matter if it breaks apart a little bit, this will create extra crispy bits!
- Leave the potatoes for about 5-10 minutes and then season with salt and pepper. When potatoes are starting to look golden around the edges carefully flip them over. After 2 minutes or so add the rosemary and the garlic and give the pan a little swish so it distributes the herbs and garlic and season again to your liking. Give the potatoes another 5-8 minutes and then place them onto some paper towel to drain the oil.