Hey guys! Here is a new delicious spinach pasta dough recipe that you should definitely give a crack if you are trying to get extra nutrients into your system where ever you can! If you want regular pasta dough, check out my other pasta dough recipe.
- 3 1/2- 3 3/4 cups 00 flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- Approximately 1/4-1/3 cup spinach juice*
- 2- 3 drops green food colouring (optional)
Note*: You can blend up some spinach and squeeze out the juice or if you buy frozen spinach and let it defrost you can squeeze out the juice from that too.
- Place the flour, egg and salt into a mixing bowl of a stand mixer with the flat beater attachment first. Place onto a low speed for about 60 seconds. Then mix the spinach juice and food colouring together if using and then in 1/2 tablespoon increments add to the pasta dough. You want the dough to come together but not to be wet.
- Change the flat beater to a dough hook and on a low speed let it knead for 2 minutes. Then place it onto a lightly floured bench and knead by hand for 2 more minutes. Cover the dough and let it rest for 20-30 minutes. Then divide the dough into 4 portions and put through a pasta roller to make sheets of pasta perfect for lasagne, or even my Spinach and Ricotta Lasagne roll-ups!
- After rolling your pasta out, be sure to use flour or semolina to keep them from sticking together. Have a big pot of boiling salted water handy and place the pasta into the pot and cook till tender, anywhere between 3-6 minutes. Drain and drizzle with olive oil to avoid pasta sticking.