Beef Stroganoff Recipe Serves 4
Well, winter has arrived everyone! So that means its time for some winter comfort foods and what better way to warm up than with a hearty, easy beef stroganoff recipe?
This beef stroganoff recipe will definitely warm your grouchy cold soul. Not only comforting but light on the wallet too, so perfect to feed your family on a tight budget!
My Sticky Date Pudding is a perfect dessert to finish off this winter warming meal!
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 200g swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 500g beef stir fry
- 2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups salt reduced beef stock
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- Pour flour onto a plate and mix in the paprika and season with salt and pepper.
Toss the beef strips into the flour mixture and shake off the excess flour.
- Preheat a large frypan or skillet over high heat. Add about 1 tbsp oil into the pan and brown beef strips in batches and set aside. Turn the heat down to medium and add 1 tbsp of oil into the pan, then cook onions and mushrooms until both are softened.
- Add beef back into the pan with the stock and bring up to a boil. Turn heat down and add the Worcestershire sauce, then simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Once the sauce has thickened, add the sour cream and stir through. Serve with mash or pasta or your choice of vegetables.