This Keto Cheeseburger Bake recipe isn’t only delicious, it’s also very cheap and easy to make with very little mess or fuss! This recipe is similar to a quiche but without the flour!
A couple of months before my best friends wedding last year we both started the keto diet to lose a few extra kilos before the wedding day and this is how I came across recipes like this one. The great thing about this keto cheeseburger bake recipe is that you can add whatever burger flavours you love, such as caramelized onion or even jalapenos if you’re feeling adventurous, the combinations are endless.
The full recipe can serve up to 10-12 people so because it’s just Mark and myself, I tend to half the recipe and do it in a smaller baking dish and portion up the rest for lunches. This recipe also freezes well.
- 900g-1kg ground beef
- 300-400g bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 eggs
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon American mustard (optional)
- 1 cup cream
- Salt and pepper
- 350g grated cheddar, divided into 200g and 150g
- Preheat oven to 180ºc. In a large fry pan/skillet, brown the beef with the onion and garlic and drain any fat. Spread beef mixture into a large casserole pan (9×13 inch approx) and mix in cooked bacon.
- Into a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, tomato paste, cream, mustard and season with salt and pepper. Stir in 200g cheddar.
- Pour egg mixture over the beef mixture and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for about 15-20 minutes and then serve with oven baked wedges and dill pickles (optional) Or even enjoy on its own.