Keto Cheeseburger Bake
This Keto Cheeseburger Bake recipe isn’t only delicious, it’s also very cheap and easy to make with very little mess or fuss! This recipe is similar to a quiche but without the flour!
A couple of months before my best friends wedding last year we both started the keto diet to lose a few extra kilos before the wedding day and this is how I came across recipes like this one. The great thing about this keto cheeseburger bake recipe is that you can add whatever burger flavours you love, such as caramelized onion or even jalapenos if you’re feeling adventurous, the combinations are endless.
The full recipe can serve up to 10-12 people so because it’s just Mark and myself, I tend to half the recipe and do it in a smaller baking dish and portion up the rest for lunches. This recipe also freezes well.
- 500g lean minced beef
- 150-200g bacon or 6-8 slices, cooked and chopped (could use diced bacon)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 7-8 eggs
- 1 can tomato paste or 1-2 tbsp
- 1 tablespoon American mustard (optional), can use mustard powder too
- 1 cup cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated cheddar, divided in half
- 3-4 slices of burger cheese or processed cheese of your choice
- Preheat oven to 180ºc. In a large fry pan/skillet, brown the beef with the onion and garlic and drain any fat. Spread beef mixture into a large casserole pan (9×13 inch approx) and sprinkle over the cooked bacon then place the slices of cheese on top.
- Into a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, tomato paste, cream, mustard and season with salt and pepper. Stir in half of the cheddar.
- Pour egg mixture over the beef mixture, tap the baking dish a couple times to disperse the egg and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for about 15-20 minutes and then serve with oven baked wedges and dill pickles (optional) Or even enjoy on its own or with a side salad.