Easy Pickled Red Onions Recipe
Makes approximately one small jar of Pickled Red Onions
If you love pickles then you’ll love these pickled red onions! They’re perfect on pretty much anything! Try em on a juicy burger or in your favourite tacos
The flavourings are versatile too so you can add whatever aromatics you like.
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp dried dill, or a small bunch of fresh dill (optional)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1.5 tbsp salt
- 1 cup white vinegar
- Place onions and garlic in a large glass bowl or jug with the dill.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the rest of the ingredients and stir until the salt and sugar has dissolved. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover the onions with the pickling liquid, submerging them and stand to cool to room temperature.
- Once at room temperature, you can place your pickled onions into a mason jar or any glass jar you have. Do not use metal jars as they will react with the pickles. You can keep them in the fridge for 3-4 weeks.