Pineapple and Jalapeno Salsa
Pineapple and Jalapeno Salsa Serves Approx 4
- 1 jalapeno
- 430g tinned pineapple chunks, juice drained
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp oil
- Coat the jalapeno lightly in olive oil and place on top of a low flame on your stove top and turn every once in awhile until completely black. Alternatively you could do this under your grill at a high temp. Place the jalapeno into a small bowl or ramekin and cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat a frypan over medium-high heat and add the pineapple. Leave to caramelize on each side for about 3-4 minutes.
- Once the jalapeno has cooled down slightly, use gloves (or if you’re brave use your bare hands) to just rub the blankened skin of the jalapeno off. Cut it open and scrape the seed out and finely chop it.
- In a small dish, mix together the caramelized pineapple, jalapeno and the juice of the lime and serve!