Makes 4 Mini Meatloaves
Meatloaf is such a classic family dinner that most of us have grown up eating. Why not change it up a bit and give everyone their own mini meatloaf? Adding moistened bread to these mini meatloaves ensures they stay juicy and oh so tender!
- 1 kg premium beef mince (10% fat)
- 1 cup day old white bread, cut into small cubes and crusts cut off
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste ( I used 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp parsley, dried or fresh chopped finely
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 400ml jar of pasta sauce of your choice
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- In a small bowl, combine the bread with the milk and let it soak for about 5 minutes. Then squeeze out some excess milk and set aside. Place everything except the pasta sauce and mozzarella into a large bowl and mix until thoroughly combined, but not over mixed otherwise you will end up with tough meat loaf.
- Preheat oven to 180ºc. Separate meatloaf into 4 equal portions and place each one onto a piece of foil big enough to wrap them up in. Mould them into tight logs and roll them up into the foil and tightly twist each end like a candy wrapper to ensure meat is tightly packed together. Place into the oven on a baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan add your pasta sauce and simmer on low to reduce it until your desired thickness has been achieved.
- Remove mini meatloaves from the oven and uncover them but do not discard the foil. Just open it up so that you can see the top of the meatloaf. Drizzle over the sauce and top with cheese and bake again for approximately 15-25 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly. Let them rest for about 15 minutes and then serve with sides of your choice! I highly recommend my Homemade Garlic Bread or even my Crispy Smashed Potatoes!