Makes approximately 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies
Chocolate chip cookies are the ultimate comfort cookie in my opinion. They’re chewy, sweet and chocolatey and you should always have one with a glass of milk or served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! These chocolate chip cookies are the right balance between chewy and crispy which makes them the best cookies you’ll ever have!
I think that this recipe could even convert those that prefer crunchy cookies, why don’t you give it a go? You can whip these up over the weekend and you’ll have cookies for school lunches for the rest of the week!
- 3 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 285g softened unsalted butter
- 285g light brown sugar
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups of dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate roughly chopped
- Salt flakes
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cornflour, baking powder, bicarb soda, and salt then set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the sugars and the butter together over medium speed until it becomes light and fluffy about 4-5 minutes. You may need to scrape down the sides occasionally. Add in eggs one at a time until well combined then add the vanilla. With the mixer on low speed, add in the dry ingredients a bit at a time until all incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate, then cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm approximately 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180°c. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Using a cookie scoop or you can use an ice cream scoop, scoop balls of cookie dough onto the lined trays, you should be able to get about 12 onto each tray. Sprinkle just a pinch of salt flakes over each ball before baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden on the edges. Allow to cool on the trays for 5 minutes or so before moving to cooling racks. Repeat until all dough has been used. These cookies will last 7-8 days stored in an airtight container or cookie jar.
If you like this recipe why not check out all my other sweet treats?