Makes approximately 10 caramelised banana crepes
While making dinner the other night I noticed my bananas were all going brown. So I thought I’d come up with something different for dessert! And these Caramelised Banana Crepes were the end result.So simple to make and very quick too! Oh and don’t forget delicious! You can easily halve this recipe too if you just want a little dessert, hehe, if that’s even a thing. Also, if you’d rather just make the crepes, you can serve them with all your favourite usual pancake toppings instead.
- 1 1/4 cup milk (more may be needed)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp melted unsalted butter (or vegetable oil)
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1-2 tbsp unsalted butter for cooking in pan
- 4 large ripe bananas, sliced
- 70g unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2-3 tbsp cream
- To make the crepes: In a jug, mix together the eggs, milk, vanilla and butter. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar and salt. Add about half of the liquid and mix together to form a paste. Add the rest of the liquid and whisk together until just combined. It should be a fairly wet loose batter. If it’s too thick, add more milk (tbsp at a time). Let the batter rest for 20 minutes.
- Preheat a 10 inch non-stick pan over medium heat and brush over a layer of butter. Give batter a quick mix and pour in about 1/4 cup into the pan and quickly swirl it around the pan to cover it. Place back over the heat and allow to cook for about 40 seconds (flip if you wish) then place onto a plate until all batter has been used up.
- To make the caramelised bananas: Preheat a large non stick pan over medium-high heat and add the butter and brown sugar. Once they have melted, add in the banana slices and spread them out so they aren’t on top of one another. Only cook for 2 minutes then add in the cream and cook for a further 30 seconds and remove from the heat.
- Place a couple spoonfuls of the banana filling into the middle of a crepe, fold it in half and then fold in half again to create a triangle, or alternatively you can roll them up. Repeat until all ingredients are used up. Spoon over the left over butterscotch sauce and serve with cream or ice cream!
If you love these Caramelised Banana Crepes, then you should check out my other sweet treats.