Easy English Muffin Bread
Who doesn’t love a good English Muffin for breakfast on the weekend?
Well, now you can have it in loaf form! This English Muffin Bread takes just over 1 hour to make from to start to finish. Amazing!
This bread is similar to store-bought “Crumpet Bread”, with a light airy texture and is delicious lightly toasted and smothered with homemade butter.
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp honey (or you can use sugar)
- 7g sachet of instant yeast
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour or plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter, cooled or any oil (I used nuttelex spread)
- cornmeal for dusting (optional, but gives the loaf a great texture)
- Grease a loaf tin with butter or with oil spray and then dust with a bit of cornmeal.
- In a jug, mix together the water, honey and yeast. Set aside to froth up.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt and baking powder. Then add the warm milk, yeast mixture and melted butter/oil and give it a good mix. The consistency should be in between a batter and a dough.
- Spoon the dough into the greased loaf pan. Cover with greased plastic wrap or a tea towel and set aside for 30-45 minutes or until the dough has doubled and is at the top of the loaf tin.
- Preheat oven to 220ºc (convection). Dust the top of the loaf with more cornmeal and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool before slicing.