Makes 4 Burgers
I love burgers, but some days you just cant be bothered to leave the house and go out to your fave burger joint. But you can easily enjoy a great burger right at home, and you know exactly what is going into it!
- 500g good quality premium mince, divided into 4 portions
- Cheese slices of your choice (if you choose to use cheese)
- salt and pepper
- 4 brioche buns
- Any toppings you desire
- Make sure your mince is cold. Form the portions into balls and flatten them out to about the size of your bun and make a thumb indentation in the centre (this is for more even cooking). Season them generously with salt and pepper just like you would a steak.
- Preheat a heavy based skillet over a medium high heat (no oil required), and when it is hot, add the patties. They only need about 5 minutes on each side for medium done burgers, or a bit longer if you like em well done. When you’re about half way through cooking the patties on the other side add your slices of cheese and place a lid over the top. This creates steam which helps melt the cheese and also finishes cooking the patty.
- Remove the patties from the pan and set aside to rest for a few minutes. In the mean time place your buns in the same pan cut side down to toast them to your liking. Assemble the burger any way you like with your favourite toppings and you’ve got yourself a delicious homemade burger better than any take away.