Here in Australia, chicken parmigiana is basically a staple in every single pub you go to. They have to be the most popular item on any menu and it’s easy to see why! Chicken, ham, sauce and cheese? I mean c’mon.
- 1 batch of Juicy Chicken Schnitzel (but you want to butterfly the breasts so they create one big schnitzel rather than halve the breasts)
- 1 Jar of napoli sauce, or any pasta sauce of your choice
- Approximately 8 thin slices of virginian ham, or any other lightly smoked ham
- 2 cups of mozzarella, or 8 slices of mozzarella
- Thinly sliced basil to serve
- Once you have prepped your schnitzels, preheat your grill/broiler to a medium high heat. Place a few tablespoons of your pasta sauce of choice onto the schnitzels, then a layer of ham and then your mozzarella.
- Place the parmigianas under the grill for approximately 5-8 minutes or until the mozzarella becomes golden and bubbly. Sprinkle the basil on top and serve with salad and chips if you want it to feel like pub grub at home! It’s that easy.