Serves about 4 people
This makes a great quick weeknight meal. So delish, cheap and quick, everyone will love it! This works best with a chunky home made pesto, otherwise a good quality shop bought one will be fine also.
- 500g Penne pasta, fresh or dried is fine
- 1 Small jar of basil pesto, or you could even use a sun dried tomato pesto
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella
- Grease a baking dish and preheat oven to 200ºc. Cook pasta till just under cooked (it will continue to cook in the oven) and keep about 2/3 cup of the pasta water and set aside.
- In a bowl, or in the same pot you boiled the pasta in mix together the pesto, chicken and pasta water and transfer to the greased baking dish and top with the mozzarella. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until cheese is golden.
- Let it cool for about 10-15 minutes and serve with garlic bread.