While searching for a quick and simple curry, I came across a recipe that would become my “go to”. It’s quick, its simple and its super delicious. This goes great with our creamy Coconut Rice, naan or our fantastic Roti Canai bread.
- 2tbs sunflower oil
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 or 2 green chillies de-seeded (or not…if you’re brave!) and finely chopped
- 2tsp grated ginger
- 2 or 3 spoons of curry paste – we use Tikka curry paste
- 1 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 400ml can of coconut milk
- 2tbs of peanut butter
- Optional coriander to garnish – you sick, sick person.
- Also optional, yogurt to dollop on top.
- Dice chicken into 3cm chunks. Pop the chunks into a ziplock bag and add the curry paste. mix together and marinate while you prep the veggies.
- Heat oil in a nice, big pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add the marinated chicken, onion, garlic and chillies. cook until chicken is browned and the onions softened. About 5 minutes or so should do.
- Add in the can of tomatoes, coconut milk, and the peanut butter, at this point reduce the heat to a simmer, place the lid on your pan and allow to cook for around 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- After about an hour, have a taste and add salt if necessary.
- Optional: Stir through the coriander.
- Serve with fluffy rice or, even better, Roti bread. Recipe for the Roti can be found here.
If you’re not a fan of coconut in your curry, leave it out, once the curry has simmered for about an hour, just before serving, stir in some cooking cream to taste.